I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm this morning, sweaty and shaking beneath the sheets. I had been having a nightmare. It had been quite a while since I last had one.I only have sketchy memories of the dream now, but I do remember that I had broken up with The Boy but T and L were still together. I was visiting him – I believe we were supposed to be at the house he shared with Everyone a few years ago, although it looked completely different. I was sitting on the couch, alone, while he and L played a video game somewhere off to the side and behind me. They were laughing, touching, and kissing as they played. I can still recall the feeling of jealousy and bitter sadness very clearly ... like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.
Inside the house, I found two people playing one of the video game systems, and when they were finished, they put the system away so violently that it knocked down a large quantity of books from the shelf. The books fell on top of my dog and older cat (appearing out of no where). I yelled at them and moved the books off the animals. They both looked fine to me, but then someone pointed out that my cat was bleeding ... her entire belly was soaked with blood, and it was dripping down onto the carpet. Somehow, I knew that it was massive internal bleeding. With the help of my dad (also appearing out of no where), I loaded her into a huge carrier and took her to the vet. Except it was not a normal small animal vet, but one for exotic pets...And that is about as much as I remember. I know that the dream felt very long while I was in it, but I have no idea how long it actually lasted. I do know that I woke up feeling very upset and distressed. It took me a few minutes to reorient myself with reality.

没有评论:
发表评论